I am very excited for tonight’s premiere of New Girl. Here’s why:
1) Nick Millah, Nick Millah, he’s a stone-cold killah.
2) The guys improv alot of their jokes. How you can tell they’re improvising- it’s not important to the plot, there are a lot of quick camera cuts (good examples: Nick at the big desk, Nick’s video to his future self, any ridiculous off-handed comment from Schmidt or Winston)
3) “I don’t wash the towel, the towel washes me!”
4) Zooey Deschenel’s eyes. Are gorgeous. Somebody once told me I looked like the blonde version of her (from Elf). Sometimes, when I’m upset, I think about that comment and it makes me happy.
5) Nick Millah, Nick Millah, he’s the illest of the ill-ah.
6) I have read the book White Fang (many, many times) and can appreciate the idea that someone might “White Fang” the one they love.
7) “Hello, this is President Nick Miller. Of Earth. Of course it’s about money!”
8) You are never quite sure if it will be completely appropriate. In fact, it often isn’t. 🙂 But it is funny even in its inappropriate-ness.
9) “I brake for birds. I rock a lot of polka dots. I have touched glitter in the last 24 hours. I spend my entire day talking to children. And I find it fundamentally strange that you’re not a dessert person. It freaks me out. I’m sorry that I don’t talk like Murphy Brown. And I hate your pants suit. I wish it had ribbons on it or something just to make it slightly cuter. But that doesn’t mean I’m not smart and tough and strong. I’m about to go pay this $800 fine, and my checks have baby farm animals on them.”
10) The ribbon hat.