I am in a waiting game on so many different levels.
There’s a lot of waiting involved with this whole baby thing, that’s for sure. Waiting to see when labor will start, how long it will last, what it will be like, whether Google will be a boy or a girl, whether the baby will be healthy, what we will name the baby, if I’ll bond with the baby right away, what the hospital will be like, how long recovery will take, how exactly to dress something that’s so little and fragile, how long my mom will stay…
A lot of waiting. I’m so glad I had Shakes and Yellow Bike to keep me busy all summer. I can’t imagine what it would be like to have been waiting like this all summer! And I know I should be grateful for this “break.” So I’ve come up with some ways to spend it. I think the trick will be tackling short little activities that can be done in a couple hours and interspersing them with lots of breaks. Wanna see?
1) Come up with blog topics that will appeal to my Yellow Bike audience.
2) Finish working on the bathroom. (clean out the last bathroom cabinet. Look up shelf-building stuff. Buy white paint, finishing nails)
3) Work on my cross-stitch. No, really. I’m an old lady.
4) List what’s already in our cabinets and freezer, plan dinners that will last through when Google comes.
5) Go out for coffee and hang posters for the Brocathalon.
6) Clean up/organize the back pantry.
7) Make a birthday list (my birthday is just a couple weeks after Google’s is supposed to come).
8) Look at cook books, watch cooking shows (This is one of my favorite things in the world. To be done in conjunction with #4)
Now, I’ll need a little help with that last one. Any suggestions? YA is my favorite, but I’m not opposed to adult fiction or non-fiction.
What’s the best book you’ve read recently and why should I read it?